Menu

Lightning Lit - do you need the company's books?

I want to do some Shakespeare with my kids, but I want to use unabridged audio cds. Does this work, or do the lessons require you to have the books the company sells? Alternatively, could you use a Kindle edition book with Lightning Lit?

My daughter did a semester of Shakespearean comedies and did not use their versions. She did have hard copies of the books, but not the ones from Hewitt.

Terri

Did you like the Shakespeare course? I'm thinking of having my son do it next year as a junior.

And, to the OP, we're like the others in that we have borrowed all the books from the library. Even for my older two who are doing their World Lit (Asia, etc), we've been able to get all the books they need via the state interlibrary loan system. I would think Kindle would be fine. I'm not certain about audio books - maybe - but my boys have gone back to look things up. That might be more difficult with audiobooks - maybe not - we don't use them.