Menu

Anyone do CLE Math and supplement with Singapore?

Teresa in MO

We use CLE as our main program and supplement with SM's CWP and IP. We do one CLE lesson a day and a page of IP and CWP each daily. It's a lot and takes dd a little over an hour to do. But we are an LCC family, and therefore, math and Latin-focused. So besides those two subjects, we really only do spelling and grammar formally. I think CWP and IP make a great supplement to CLE, though.

We use CLE math and supplement with Math Detective, though my ds uses Singapore. I didn't use Singapore for my dd because she was pulled from ps and I though it was too much to switch to Singapore. Math Detective gives us that thinking and word-problem component that CLE is lacking. Just throwing another idea out there.

We use CLE and I'm about to start supplementing with Math Mammoth, which is similar to Singapore. It think they will be a good fit. We tried Singapore when I pulled her mid 3rd from ps and it was a dismal failure for both of us. I have the CWP books and might pull some problems from them but I don't want to overwhelm my non-mathy dd. I just hope to keep her from becoming a math hater/fearer like me. I think MM will be similar to Singapore but easier to teach and understand.

I'm hoping to be able to keep the CLE/MM combo through 6th grade and then do the 3 LoF PreAlg books for 7th, and then on to Algebra for 8th.