Menu

Favorite juicing "recipes" for the Champion Juicer?

Several times a week I make Green Juice- it is incredibly healthy and the taste grows on you.

50% of the juice is green things, but mostly celery. I might use celery, cucumber and parsley, but also stuff like kale and chinese greens if I have them in the fridge or garden.

The other 50% is sweeteners lik carrots, beetroots and especially apples at first (as time goes on I can handle less apple).

Also I add a whole or half of a lemon or lime- skin and all. It sounds strange but it actually sweetens the juice.

This is a great way get your greens, and to detox- very good for the liver.

My other favourite juice is watermelon juice, but I tend to make that in the blender. Also rockmelon juice (cantaloupe).

Thanks to you both!

We tried beets one time and the juice was SO bitter! Are we just not used to the taste...or, did we "do something wrong?"

Thanks!

~Holly

Beets are not generally bitter- you used the root, not the greens on top? Beets tend to be sweet like carrots when juiced..maybe try again?

Thanks to you both!

We tried beets one time and the juice was SO bitter! Are we just not used to the taste...or, did we "do something wrong?"

Thanks!

~Holly

I juice beet(roots) and beet tops. I think what you are describing is an "astringent" quality. This is fairly typical but can be tempered with a blend of carrot and other juices.

Bill