Menu

First Language Lessons and Writing with Ease...

Heather in WI

My oldest son used (and completed with a 91% average) Rod and Staff English 4: Building with Diligence last year. I was flabbergasted when he took a standardized test and bombed the English (split into usage/mechanics & rhetorical skills) and Reading portions of the test. I decided to change gears, backtrack a little, and work through First Language Lessons 4 and Writing with Ease III (at double time) & IV (at regular pace once WWE III was completed) this year. We received our test results last week and Oh! My goodness!

He went from the 20th percentile for usage/mechanics to the 93rd percentile!

He went from the 28th percentile for rhetorical skills to the 75th percentile!

And, he went from the 42nd percentile for reading to the 85th percentile!

Anyway, I wanted to give a quick plug for the First Language Lessons grammar program and Writing with Ease workbooks. I am so thrilled with the progress they allowed us to make in only one year! :D

Congratulations! I have recently switched to those 2 programs and even though they seem pretty easy, I can see that they are "training" my kids' minds to think a certain way, rather than just teaching them how to do something. We've been doing FLL1 since the beginning of the year, but just picked up WWE1. I'm excited about the possibilities!