Menu

Why in the world does IKEA charge so much for shipping??

I've been looking for a dining table. Found one I like. THE one I like. It is $149. Shipping? $279. That's right, folks. $279 to ship it. That's not the total including shipping, that's the shipping. INSANE.

I'd rather drive the 200 miles to get it; it would be cheaper!

Do it!! Our newest one is 2 hours. It's totally worth it is you have a good excuse to make the drive! SUCH a fun store and even fun with kids!

You MIGHT even get lucky and find a table in clearance. You never know:) I went last year for bookcases, found a dining table on sale for $100, then went over to clearance and found the exact same table for $50!

Do it!! Our newest one is 2 hours. It's totally worth it is you have a good excuse to make the drive! SUCH a fun store and even fun with kids!

You MIGHT even get lucky and find a table in clearance. You never know:) I went last year for bookcases, found a dining table on sale for $100, then went over to clearance and found the exact same table for $50!

Good to know! I've wanted to go for ages, but never really needed anything I couldn't find here. But this table...it's exactly what I want. And, dd needs a desk chair...and I need flatware, too. Yep, a field trip is in the making.

Because most of their stuff is incredibly heavy and flat packed, which requires it to be shipped by freight carrier, not by UPS. Freight is considerably more expensive for individual items than for entire pallets of things.

Solid wood is heavy and laminates are even heavier. I say make a trip out of the big city and do the museums, etc.

a