Menu

Excellent Science Suggestion for Pre-K to 2nd Grade

MariannNOVA

This arrived yesterday - I purchased it to give to my two grand-daughters when they visit next week (I know - only the BEST GRANDMOTHER would give CURRICULUM as a gift!) -- anyway, it is worth taking a look if you have age-appropriate children - it is excellent. I wish I had this kind of stuff when I was teaching K and 1 and 2 in the classroom -- I am SO disappointed that my three are two old for this, but if you have that age at home, don't miss out on this. http://www.rfwp.com/0301.htm

(I've included the link)

0301sm.jpg

Animal Kingdom, Science Themes for Gifted Primary Children. Student Book

Author:Hegeman, Dr Kathryn TSubjects:Science; Bloom's TaxonomyGrade:K, 1, 2, 3

Based on Bloom's Taxonomy, the book is designed for independent work, with ten units,one for each month of the school year. Animals include the whale, cat, kangaroo, horse,turtle and ladybug. Activity plans and animal record sheets. Topics covered include: animal's food, habitat and adaptations.Comparisons are encouraged by a life-span chart, a "My Favorite Animal" sheet and an "Imagine You are an Animal"sheet.

I'm making a note of this for my great-nephew (golly, that makes me sound soooo old). At this point, I'm looking fondly back on the early years and wishing I could go back and use some of the new curriculum. But, alas, I'm on the downhill side of this schooling mission - 3 more years!

There are so many new/improved programs available now. My sister, who had kids long before I did, was always amazed at the new disposable diapers with resealable tape:D I sorta feel the same thrill when I see the new early years curriculum.

I'm making a note of this for my great-nephew (golly, that makes me sound soooo old). At this point, I'm looking fondly back on the early years and wishing I could go back and use some of the new curriculum. But, alas, I'm on the downhill side of this schooling mission - 3 more years!

There are so many new/improved programs available now. My sister, who had kids long before I did, was always amazed at the new disposable diapers with resealable tape:D I sorta feel the same thrill when I see the new early years curriculum.

I hear you! My grand-daughters are 6.5 and 4 and it is only the past few months that I have been able to say the word 'grand-mother' without gagging.

In fact, I still don't know what they should call me -- can you believe that? Three summers ago, I told them to call me 'Big Penguin' (you know, from Discovery Kids - or maybe you don't know 'cause yours are older) - well, that has stuck so I am Big Penguin.191314.jpg Maybe that should be my next avatar.

Thank you - ONE VOTE for BIG PENGUIN! I mean, what the heck are these kids supposed to call me -- the "G" word sticks in my throat.

Why does it make me think of "Big Papa"? Is that a rap song or something?:lol:

Here's another vote for Big Penguin! I will say that if it sticks it WILL embarrass them when they are teenagers, so that's a bonus too!:tongue_smilie:

I will say that if it sticks it WILL embarrass them when they are teenagers, so that's a bonus too!

LOL! I vote for "Big Penguin" also. Calling myself a "great aunt" brings to mind wayyyy tooooo many visuals that I can't abide! I'll have to be on the alert for a catchy title like "Big Penguin".

Why does it make me think of "Big Papa"? Is that a rap song or something?:lol:

Here's another vote for Big Penguin! I will say that if it sticks it WILL embarrass them when they are teenagers, so that's a bonus too!:tongue_smilie:

Good point - and the way time flies, that will be next week!:w00t: