Menu

Can anyone give specifics on Timberdoodle for preschool?

Lovedtodeath

Guest aquiverfull

It looks to me like several products just put together. Is there a schedule to go along with it? The products look great, but if there is no schedule than you can just put this stuff together yourself and maybe for less money.

We have the Wedgit blocks. They are a HUGE hit around here, even for my 11 year old. Hey, my husband and I enjoy playing with them too. :)

There is sort of a schedule. They give a suggested pace and you fill out a cute form they give you with what you will do. I really found that with my preschoolers they don't really want to do it on a regular basis so I just look for times when it seems like a fun thing to do and we do as much as they want to. Really seems to work for us.

Yes, the wedgits are wonderful and any day I do the fun science is a good day at our house.:lol:

Stacey

Wedgit blocks are a HUGE hit with my preschooler. If that price is a full year worth of preschool curriculum I don't think it's too expensive-you would pay at least that for one month of preschool.
NOt around here! Plus preschool gets the little tornado away from me for a while... a huge bonus!;)

Hmmm... I am still feeling like I am missing specifics. So what does a typical timberdoodle preschool day look like?

I will tell you the main reason I am looking at it... I love the looks of MFW K and Winterpromise I'm Ready to Learn... but I want something that comes with everything... I do not want to find my own paper plates, construction paper, etc. I am lazy. I also do not want to use preschool for phonics/reading because I plan to use PR.

So... should I keep looking at it?

Edited by Lovedtodeath

Guest aquiverfull

Well all I have are the wedgits. We love them. The brain box looks cool as does that fun science kit. Hmmm it'd be hard to pick just one. I know I've seen samples of the Mathematical Reasoning online somewhere. Maybe you can find them and give it a closer look. I can't remember where I saw the samples but you could look at several pages. It may have been the publishers website, christianbook or RR.

Have you looked at http://www.lakeshorelearning.com They have a lot of fun things that would be great for Pre K and K?

I don't know anything about their curriculum packages, but I'm thrilled to see that they offer a fairly extensive line of mini LUK- I've been hesitating to order them from overseas due to the cost. So thanks for the pointer!

I can say that I highly recommend the Bambino LUK products they sell.

Edited by skueppers
corrected typo -- "line of" instead of "line on"

I don't know anything about their curriculum packages, but I'm thrilled to see that they offer a fairly extensive line on mini LUK- I've been hesitating to order them from overseas due to the cost. So thanks for the pointer!

I can say that I highly recommend the Bambino LUK products they sell.

:iagree: mini LUK and Bambino LUK are HITS here . . . . so far we have NEVER struck out with a Timberdoodle recommendation. They are one of our favorite companies to order from!!!!

Hmmm... I am still feeling like I am missing specifics. So what does a typical timberdoodle preschool day look like?

I will tell you the main reason I am looking at it... I love the looks of MFW K and Winterpromise I'm Ready to Learn... but I want something that comes with everything... I do not want to find my own paper plates, construction paper, etc. I am lazy. I also do not want to use preschool for phonics/reading because I plan to use PR.

So... should I keep looking at it?

Check out The Learning Box Preschool - we have LOVED it!! It is a full preschool, but is especially strong in the arts/projects area, and everything except crayons, glue, & scissors comes with it. It is all precut and ready to go. You get a box each month, and a comb-bound "teacher's guide". Open to Day 1, pull out the Day 1 pack of materials and go. 100% complete (from pledge of allegiance to learning letters to handwriting to math to thinking to art skills), tons of fun, and EASY to implement. I can't say enough good things about it! My kids LOVE to "do school".