Menu

Flutistmom....

Gotcha.

I think I was oversensitive because you quoted my post. We really are in agreement, I think, on the topic of obedience. (All critters need to know who Alpha is, right?) And I know that there are responsible owners out there, hopefully more than there are irresponsible ones. Unfortunately, I have had a couple of very negative experiences while walking my shelties. (Yeah, I have the yappy dogs. They really are very well-behaved, though.)

With regard to my original post, I'm the type of person who, if one of my dogs- provoked or unprovoked- attacked and killed a neighbor's pet, I would be apologizing all over myself, and paying every penny of the vet/cremation bills, since I would feel responsible for losing control of my dog. I guess I need to realize that not everyone holds that point of view.

Responsible dog ownership is a real hot-button issue for me. I do apologize for getting defensive and dragging you into my emotional whirlwind. :001_smile:

Gotcha.

I think I was oversensitive because you quoted my post. We really are in agreement, I think, on the topic of obedience. (All critters need to know who Alpha is, right?) And I know that there are responsible owners out there, hopefully more than there are irresponsible ones. Unfortunately, I have had a couple of very negative experiences while walking my shelties. (Yeah, I have the yappy dogs. They really are very well-behaved, though.)

With regard to my original post, I'm the type of person who, if one of my dogs- provoked or unprovoked- attacked and killed a neighbor's pet, I would be apologizing all over myself, and paying every penny of the vet/cremation bills, since I would feel responsible for losing control of my dog. I guess I need to realize that not everyone holds that point of view.

Responsible dog ownership is a real hot-button issue for me. I do apologize for getting defensive and dragging you into my emotional whirlwind. :001_smile:

LOL! No worries! I love a good emotional whirlwind as much as the next person--- as my mom would say, "It's good for your bowels now and again."

And hey, as an obedience person, I'd never classify Shelties in the "small, yappy dog" category. Yes, they are loudmouthed, but they're great little working dogs. And great family dogs! There are a plethora of them in my dd's 4-H club. Every other little girl there has a Sheltie, and they're all sweethearts.

Hugs to you and your pups!

astrid

Yes, they are loudmouthed, but they're great little working dogs.

astrid

You got the loudmouthed bit right! But working? Paaaaaahahahaha! :lol: Nah, they really are people pleasers. Ahem! Especially if they think a t-r-e-a-t is involved.

Glad there are no hard feelings. I can be a real "knickers in a twist" kinda gal at times.

-Robin