Menu

Meaningful composition? who has used it?

They are working on getting the other books out as fast as they can. I think the 7 ones will be released this year, but they have had lots of illness in the family. I haven't used for high school, but have quite the writer on my hands...he has used both 6+ books and now I'm using the 5 II and just doing the extension version. I will get the 8+ for him for the fall. Plus, we are going to try the IEW Medieval Theme based one.

MC is an excellent program in my opinion. Very much like IEW, very step-by-step, reasonably priced and easy to implement.

Donna, the author, has been very helpful when I have emailed her to ask question - mostly about placement questions.

All of the MC levels with the exception of the 12th Research Report one are the exact same writing assignments in CQLA----so you don't need to use both. I asked the same question at their website and this is what they told me. There might be another high school level that is different from what's in the CQLA---but right now all the MC levels are right out of it. So---in a nutshell---I was told that if your child, especially a high school student, needs grammar, dictation, spelling etc. use the CQLA. If they are fine on grammar, just get MC and then add a literature program to round it out. My thoughts are that you could just add the Easy Grammar Ultimate to keep grammar fresh and do the MC and Literature for a well rounded but not ALL DAY English program.