Menu

TOG users....would love to see your daily schedule

Holly IN

I am having a hard time fitting it all in. One thing I am dissapointed with last quarter's schedule was the lack of time to do the projects which is my favorite part of TOG.

In order to get what I want out of our school day we will have to get up extremely early and school right up till I leave for work (which is 4:30). My dh takes care of art and music so I do not have to worry about that one. Everythign else though needs to be done when I am here. I still have to teach my oldest (7th) grammar. He does Apologia by himself minus the discussions and going over on your own ?'s as well as labs. All of my kids want to do the projects. We do not even have a notebook going for TOG. It is depressing though. We are getting all subjects in each day but no extra stuff though.

Anybody havign this problem?

Oldest ds schedule so far is this:

Math everyday (uses MUS Epsilon but this fall will go into LIal BCM)

Grammar everyday

Spelling everyday (horrible speller)

Vocab 3x a week

Latin 2 x a week

Logic 3 x a week (Latin and Logic have the same time spot so it is interchangeable)

Science (3 days a week but he has been needing to do it everyday)

TOG everyday of course and plus weekends to do reading

US trails guid to geography (friday only)

WRtiing (TOG WA and IEW) This is done 3 x a week but not including any other writing assignments.

We still do memory work but that is done during lunch (with all kids).

My littles are doign the same except they are using Apologia Elementary (Zoology 1). Middle son is doing Logic worksheets. TOG reading is much smaller than the oldest.

I really need to figure out how to scan my schedule on to this website on one post so you all can see it. I have a new computer so (with Vista...double yuck) I am having a hard time figuring out how to scan my docs to post on my blog or on here. I do have photobucket or the other program which I can't remember for the life of me. :glare:

I really would like to know where I am going wrong.

HELP!

Holly

Well, we schedule an hour and a half for TOG (dialectic level) each day (4days/week) and that is usually more than enough time. She doesn't really like projects but will partake in some of them. This week she's baking a model of a castle (she'll participate in anything that has icing on it).

With the little guys (lower grammar) we just read, do narrations, draw, and do projects.

Let's see if I can help...

I too have a new computer with Vista and I have spent hours trying to get my schedule from word or excel into my blog - I finally successfully scanned it in the other day - here's what I did.

I don't know computer language, so I hope you can follow me. In the place where all of the programs are listed, I found one called "Paint" in one of the drop downs there I found somehting like "scan/?" I clicked on that. It pulled up my printer/scanner, I said yes and it scanned my printed schedule into the computer and put it with all of my pictures. I went to my pictures and double clicked on it and "blooged" it from there. I hope this helps and I hope that you can understand me. I know the frustration of not being able to do something that it appears everyone else can do with great ease!

Good Luck!:001_smile:

Let's see if I can help...

I too have a new computer with Vista and I have spent hours trying to get my schedule from word or excel into my blog - I finally successfully scanned it in the other day - here's what I did.

I don't know computer language, so I hope you can follow me. In the place where all of the programs are listed, I found one called "Paint" in one of the drop downs there I found somehting like "scan/?" I clicked on that. It pulled up my printer/scanner, I said yes and it scanned my printed schedule into the computer and put it with all of my pictures. I went to my pictures and double clicked on it and "blooged" it from there. I hope this helps and I hope that you can understand me. I know the frustration of not being able to do something that it appears everyone else can do with great ease!

Good Luck!:001_smile:

thanks I will try that. I love my old computer with XP on it. My dh will be taking the vista off of my new computer this summer and replace it with XP.

Hopefully the way you said will work for me and I can post my schedule.

Holly

Ok I hope this works.

Holly

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2073/2364772268_d0a95e3da9_b.jpg

Cllick on this and it should bring you to my schedule on flickr. I hope you all can see it. This is for Monday to Thursday schedule. Friday schedule is different. One thing I do not have on here is memory work for any of the kids.

Well I clicked on it and you can barely see it. Anybody else have a better idea? I thought I was able to actually paste it in here. How in the world did Jessica from Trivium do it?

Well I am not sure if I can be of any help, but here is our schedule:

10yo, 4th grader and I do together:

Correct her math (any she missed earlier)

SWR phonics cards and Spelling cards

CW Grammar cards and Do CW Grammar

TOG Vocab cards

Science Vocab cards

SWR Spelling

Bible Memorization

Right Start C

Grammar: JAG

Writing: Some TOG work-paragraphs and outlining.

Vos Story Bible (I read one story)

History of the US (I read one chapter)

God's Design Our Weather and Water (I read one chapter and she does activities independently).

She does on her own:

Handwriting Without Tears

Math: Singapore 3B one lesson and Word 2 one page (front or back not both).

Narration sheet daily on Bible.

Bible-Keys for Kids

Lapbook-one booklet a day, currently HOAC Pirates, next will be Birds.

Do TOG writing and CW writing by typing it into the computer (in Notepad, so she doesn't have spell check).

TOG mapping-One or two places a day

Work 5 mins a day on her craft (Latch Hook or sewing right now)

Reading: TOG LG and UG lit and tons of other books (she is a reader so she does both by choice).

TOG timeline-One figure a day

TOG State Cards-As come up

TOG President Cards-As come up

She really wants to be doing all this. I have offered to cut it back, but she will even work on them over the weekend sometimes. On a day when she is motivated she has it all done before noon.

8yo dd, 2nd grader and I do together:

Practice letters in sand or with sand letter cards while saying phonics sounds.

SWR Phonics cards

SWR Spelling

Bible Memorization

SL LA 2 Dictation or Exercise sheet

Reading aloud to me from TOG LG lit.

TOG Mapping-One or two places a day

Right Start B-Game or a lesson

Bible-I read two stories a day from The Picture Bible

Typing-5 mins a day

She does on her own:

Explode the Code 5 (1 page a day front and back)

Singapore 1B one lesson a day

Reader: 15 mins

Craft-Currently a child cross stitch. 5 mins

6/7yo dd and I do together:

Right Start B

Writing letters in sand or tracing sand cards while saying phonics sounds.

Reading: Level 1 books

SL LA 1 Dictation or exercise sheet

Bible Memorization

Bible: Two stories a day from The Bible in Pictures for Little Eyes

One short story a day (Right now SL Core C/1 books)

Independently:

Explode the Code 2 (One page a day, front or back not both).

5yo ds and I do:

Write letters in sand or trace sand letter cards while saying phonics sounds

Right Start A

Bible: Beginner’s Bible, one story a day.

Hand Writing Without Tears

One Picture book a day

As a group (DS not included):

Apologia Zoo 1 with a read aloud about animals, currently Upchuck and the Rotten Will Running Wild one chapter a day.

History:

I choose a history Read Aloud and we do a chapter a day, currently The Great Little Madison. This is a habit from doing SL and not TOG related.

TOG year 3:

Read LG and/or UG (depends on the week) books out loud. Listen to Composer music (I have scheduled out composers for the whole year; each has two weeks. I am not doing a people study outside of the presidents.

Generally it takes 1.5-2 hours to do one on one with my oldest, 45 mins with my 2nd dd, 30 mins with my 3rd dd and about 15 mins with my 5yo. Science takes 30 mins a day and History 30-45 mins, as long as we are all on the ball and not procrastinating.

Heather

Lisa

Thank you for your schedule. I have a question...Do you teach the math and the grammar? Or do you have her do it on her own? My oldest will be using Lial this fall. I got the DVTs so that should take care of the teaching right?

Thanks

Holly