Menu

Your favorite children's book

mo2

The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey, A Grain of Rice, Flotsam, The Wind in the Willows, Homer Price, Petunia, What do People Do All Day?, and The Alfie & Annie Rose books were among our favorite reads this school year.

We have so many. I tend to love books that have beautiful illustrations or pack meaning for both parent and child. We love Jan Brett's books, in particular "Comet's Nine Lives" since we are a cat family.

I also love the Max Lucado books: You are Special, You are Mine, If only I had a Green Nose.

My dd 4 LOVES Fancy Nancy. We are growing quite a collection.

Strega Nona!!! Poor BIG Anthony! Anything Tomie DePaola.

I agree. Also, anything by Virginia Lee Burton (but especially Mike Mulligan) and anything by Robert McCloskey, and also anything by Arnold Lobel. Also, James Herriot's Treasury for Children is beautiful. And I agree with the suggestion above for A Treasury of Children's Literature- the illustrations are lovely and it's full of classic stories and fairy tales. The Olivia books are hilarious. My youngest child's favorite for years was Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.