Menu

Makeup help...covering dark circles under the eyes

Perhaps it's because of my pale skin, but the non-yellow works better for me. I do use L'Oreal eye cream every night, and I think this helps some, but nothing really covers them for good.

I've had them all my life, and so do many people in my family.

Which eye cream is it? I looked on their site and see Revitalift and the Skin Genesis Eye Serum.

A Sephora opened here not long ago. If I went in there would someone be able to help? I've never been in there and have never had someone help me with applying makeup so I really have no idea what I'm doing. :blushing:

Which eye cream is it? I looked on their site and see Revitalift and the Skin Genesis Eye Serum.

A Sephora opened here not long ago. If I went in there would someone be able to help? I've never been in there and have never had someone help me with applying makeup so I really have no idea what I'm doing. :blushing:

I use this set from Benefit. The Oooh la lift in that kit is the best thing I've found for covering under-eye circles. These are small but I've had this kit for a year and a half, use it every day and I still have plenty left.

I've heard good things about Philosophy's Dark Shadows (it's not a concealer, it's supposed to diminish dark shadows) but I haven't personally used it.

But, yes, most of the time the salespeople in Sephora are pretty helpful as far as determining what would be best for your needs.

eta: If you need help with application ideas you might try Sephora's youtube channel.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

Yes.

I went into a Sephora store in desperation one time because I had a big event to go to but had a MAJOR drug reaction rash all over my face. Putting make up on it wasn't going to hurt it, but I looked like I'd lived through something awful.

By the time they were done, you couldn't even tell the rash was there.

a

I bought one of the starter kits from Bare Minerals (at Ulta but they are available at Sephora too) last year and love it! All the women (and my girls too) in my family have dark circles under our eyes----the under-eye veins are really close to the surface. The Bare Minerals foundation covers the circles, covers any pimples and evens out my skin tone. I don't have to use ANY concealer, which I had to do with other brands. I do use the concealer brush to "hit" the problem areas before using the larger face brush.

I especially like that I don't have to use a separate sunscreen when I wear the Bare Minerals products.

The employees at Sephora will be able to help you figure out what brands/products will work best for your situation. They sure helped me at Ulta :) I've taken my dd15 there too. The closer-than-Ulta Sephora just opened so I haven't been there yet.

Oops. It's Olay Total Effects

http://www.olay.com/boutique/totaleffects/products/te1005