Menu

Headsprout Promo Code???

Well, this is my first post on the forum, though I have been here for several months gleaning from all of the wonderful information available :).

My ds just turned 5 and we are currently on lesson 57 in OPGTR. I would like to purchase the Headsprout program for him to do for 'fun' to reinforce the phonics we've been working on and also to help with blending.

The Homeschool co-op is not offering Headsprout at this time, and they aren't sure when/if they will again. Does anyone have or know of a promo code available right now?

Thank you!

Brittany

Sorry, no info on promo codes but I just wanted to add that both my girls used HeadSprout and they loved it. If you don't find a promo code, IMHO it's worth to pay for the subscription. They now have an edition for reading comprehension for older kids.

No promo code . They don't have those promo codes out very often either. But its worth every penny. They even have payment plans that are reasonable. Trust me we don't have much money and we bought the program for our 3rd daughter. She loved it and it was worth every penny and then some.

We were able to check out the first 2 lessons for free, and loved it for kids on the normal reading track. We mostly were looking into it for our son who has dyslexia, and it was not a good fit for him. He enjoyed it, but it would go too fast for him. I would have purchased it probably for our older children years ago if it had been available for them then.

• 3 months later...
Guest ronstevens
No promo code . They don't have those promo codes out very often either. But its worth every penny. They even have payment plans that are reasonable. Trust me we don't have much money and we bought the program for our 3rd daughter. She loved it and it was worth every penny and then some.

When you're homeschooling and wanting to help your child out with his or her reading, I highly recommend the Headsprout reading programs. Currently I'm unaware of any Promo codes but usually there is at least a 10% off code floating around somewhere.

Free Stuff

When you decide to purchase a program you will receive a FREE Scout (the bee) puppet at checkout. Use the following promotional codes :

- Headsprout Early Reading = ISLNDERBEE

- Headsprout Reading Comprehension = ISLNDRCBEE

Payment plans are also available to make it more affordable.

We were able to check out the first 2 lessons for free, and loved it for kids on the normal reading track. We mostly were looking into it for our son who has dyslexia, and it was not a good fit for him. He enjoyed it, but it would go too fast for him. I would have purchased it probably for our older children years ago if it had been available for them then.

Sorry to hijack... Have you checked out Lexia? They have a online reading program that might work. They have a Family Home Version. I have used it when working with middle school students who have learning disabilities.

• 1 month later...
Guest dezigner356

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new headsprout promo code that will give you 25% off the software. Just go to my blog and there you will see the code you can use. But hurry!! Because this promo code only lasts till the 31st of August 2010

My blog is http://www.early-reading.org

There I am blogging about the new comprehension program that was just released. If there are any promo codes for the comprehension, I will be posting it there as well.

Happy reading,

dezigner356

• 2 weeks later...
Guest momshayof3

Thanks for the info on headsprout! We just did the free first lesson for their new reading comprehension program and my dd loved it! She has just started 2nd grade with the school reading test level putting her at 1.9 reading level. The placement test on headsprout to see which program to use put her right on the border between the early reading program and the reading comprehension. I did the first lesson with her and she struggled with a few words. I see the early reading program goes back to the very basics but no way to skip and start halfway or toward the end of that program. Would you let her begin with the reading comprehension or start at the very beginning with the early reading program? (her twin is reading at a 3.5 level so it's hard to know what is in the normal range what to be sure she has an excellent reading foundation but don't want her to feel like a "baby") Any advice?

I had the same sort of problem with my son, who I think was 8 at the time...I decided to start at the beginning with the basic reading program- it was easy, but they don't teach the sounds in the same order as the other programs we had used, so he did learn some new stuff. I bribed him to work quickly through the first 20 lessons, with a prize after every 5 or 10 lessons done (can't remember at this moment how many) but the prizes were stuff at the bookstore. He did zoom through the first 20 lessons and then slowed down.