Menu

chicken to go on a salad?

Can anyone suggest a way to prepare chicken in advance for a salad topping, other than grilling it? Thanks!

It depends upon what kind of salad it is.

An various salads I might use:

rotisserie chicken

poached chicken

pan-seared chicken

on an Asian salad I make a honey-dijon chicken with a cornflake crust and slice it

It depends on the flavour I am after.

If I want a kind of thai flavour then I marinate in sweet chilli sauce, then pan fry.

Indian: marinate in indian spices, then grill

French: poached in white wine and chicken stock

Chinese (very ish): marinate in soy and honey then pan fry

This sounds incredible.

Would you mind describing the process for making the chicken?

I dice a white onion finely (you can even grate it and squeeze some of the water out)

I crush 2-3 cloves of garlic

I add maybe 1/8 c of dijon mustard (I use the type with whole seeds) and maybe...1 cup of honey?

I salt and pepper the chicken breasts and flatten them a bit. Then, I leave them in the marinade for a few hours (you can leave them overnight if you want).

I crush up 2 cups(?) of cornflakes in a large ziploc. I take the chicken breasts out of the marinade and toss them in the cornflakes. Once they are all done I bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

I dice a white onion finely (you can even grate it and squeeze some of the water out)

I crush 2-3 cloves of garlic

I add maybe 1/8 c of dijon mustard (I use the type with whole seeds) and maybe...1 cup of honey?

I salt and pepper the chicken breasts and flatten them a bit. Then, I leave them in the marinade for a few hours (you can leave them overnight if you want).

I crush up 2 cups(?) of cornflakes in a large ziploc. I take the chicken breasts out of the marinade and toss them in the cornflakes. Once they are all done I bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

Thank you!

I happen to have every single ingredient, including more chicken than I know what to do with.

I think my guys will love this.