Menu

water bottle insulated sleeve

Do you know how to sew? I bookmarked this site ages ago, thinking one day I might make this cutie insulated carrier:

http://www.ymib.com/daily-inspiration/creative-living/articles/make-it-water-bottle-carrier.html

I didn't realize that you can buy that insulating stuff at a fabric store. Seems like you could improvise something less complicated than this particular pattern, though, if you know what you're doing with a machine, it may not seem complicated to you. ;)

What kind of bottles do you have? I am looking for sleeves too.

I just bought these...I don't even have them yet...

stainless steel bottles. bpa free stainless steel. water bottles by hydrasip

the company had great bottles for a good price...but no sleeves. and the ones that I have seen are all about $10 each. So if you find some for less, please let me know...I just spent $75 for water bottles...I can't hardly fathom spening another $50 just to cover them and keep the contents cold..UGH!!

I bought several 100% wool sweaters at Goodwill, cut off the sleeves, then felted them in the washing machine. Worked like a charm, no sewing, and cheap! The biggest drawback is they don't have bottoms, but they work fine for my purposes.

Excellent idea! We don't live in an area where keeping water cold is a priority (heh!), but if we did, I'd do this.