Menu

DD (6) writes really small....

.....and I'm not sure if it's a problem or not. Oh wise Hive, what doest thou say?

Her fine motor skills are excellent and she writes smaller than her 10yo brother, it's perfectly legible but I think it will be harder for her to get really good letter formation when she writes that small.

I'm using GD book B with her at the moment, and I wonder if I should switch to C or even D to give her the smaller lines.

So should I enforce a larger font with her or let her stick to small? What would you do?

My 2d did this too!

I skipped K paper and went straight to a higher-grade-level tablet.

I never chastised the tiny print, but something i really harp on is the importance of communication: there are people out there that simply can't SEE that tiny print, and since we KNOW that what the kid has to say is VERY important, we want them to be able to communicate in such a way that MANYmanymany other people can easily read it. :)

anyway, we do the smaller-lined tablets and that seems to help a lot.

i have plenty of various-sized tablets for the kids to choose from, and don't insist on a certain sized spacing.

good luck!

Some people naturally write smaller (or bigger) than others. At school we match the size of the student's handwriting and then assign them the matching size handwriting paper rather than doing it the other way around. So some 4th/5th graders are on kindergarten paper while some 1st graders are on much smaller lined paper. Our goal is for the students to write on appropriate size notebook paper and we adjust paper sizes regularly to make that happen.

Some people naturally write smaller (or bigger) than others. At school we match the size of the student's handwriting and then assign them the matching size handwriting paper rather than doing it the other way around. So some 4th/5th graders are on kindergarten paper while some 1st graders are on much smaller lined paper. Our goal is for the students to write on appropriate size notebook paper and we adjust paper sizes regularly to make that happen.

This is such a great idea!!!!