Menu

SOTW audio - ages?

MeganW

I, too, think it's a bit young. I think a 5YO might have trouble with even the concept of people living thousands of years ago. And they might have trouble following the stories or comprehending the point of them.

Personally, for a 5YO, I'd stick with lap books--picture books read by you in your lap. (And those of us whose kids are long ago too big for that will be jealous of you.) Then try SOTW at age six.

My son has loved audio books all of his school years. But SOTW might not be the best very first one. It's just a little abstract (for a 5YO). You might start your son off on an audio story about something he can picture or something he has experienced. Maybe even an audio of a book he's already very familiar with.

My son is in the 6th grade this year, and we're re-listening to SOTW 1 for the first time since he was in the first grade. He doesn't remember hearing the stories before. But that's actually OK. He "knows" a lot of the content (even without remember where he learned it).