Menu

FLL or R&S 1&2?

MusicMouseTN

At our house we skip FLL and just start from the beginning w/R&S. I don't know if FLL is better or not, because I haven't looked at it. We were already using R&S for math for K (we used the 1st grade a year ahead) and when it was time to start planning for 1st, we were already planning on ordering the next year of math, the preschool workbooks for my next child and some other things. I was going back and forth trying to make curriculum decisions that year, and my dh finally stepped in and said to just order R&S. We know their products, we like them, so stay with it. So LOL, that is what I did. My dd and I absolutely loved her 1st grade year, and I am looking forward to doing it again w/my upcoming 1st grader next year.

There is no separate grammar in 1st. We use the phonics and reading. The reading contains beginning grammar instruction. Then when we got to 2nd we dropped the reading for WTM ideas and stuck w/the phonics and added the English. So far so good :)