Menu

What do you do when hotel rooms have a maximum of 4 persons and you have 3 children?

Did you call or just go with what it said online? I just today made reservations for us where online it was going to charge me extra for two kids and then wouldn't even let me enter 5 people for one room. So I called, as our 5th person is a 4 month old and it seemed silly to me. The guy on the phone said it was fine, offered a crib free of charge and didn't charge extra for the two kids, he said the extra fee for additional guests was just for extra adults.

One place with a pull-out double bed didn't allow us to book for four on line. When I called up the reservation staff said it was fine.

Laura

We just always took the other kid in without saying anything. The girls would sleep in the bed, and we would make a little bed on the floor for ds with the bedspreads off the beds (one folded on the bottom and one on top for a blanket), or we would take in an air mattress for him. It's just one of those things our family ignored, as we couldn't afford not to.

:iagree:

Now we are actually down to 2 kids at home and have actually been getting Comfort Inn Suites more because we have points to cover it. Before points, we never got the bigger rooms.

In thinking this over, I would call back (hopefully you will get someone different). Don't ask if it is okay--simply tell them you want to reserve [whatever] kind of room. When they ask you for how many people, say, "2 adults, 2 kids, and 1 toddler, who has her own pack-n-play." Asking makes it easy for them to say no, when in reality I don't think it really matters. I mean come on--fire codes? Really? It's safer to divide up my family in case of fire, than keep us all together? And a 3 year old is the sticking point? Compared to a 200 pound man or something, who could also be the 5th person in a room? I'm just not seeing how one more little body makes the room dangerous.