Menu

O.K. Some in DC are talking blizzard for Friday...

MY son has a class at GMU at 11:30 and I really hope they cancel it. George Mason University is one of the very few that haven't made a decision yet. He takes a bus after walking a mile and I don't need him stuck someplace. According to when the snow fall is falling, it looks like above ground Metro will be closing later this afternoon.

Even though the radar on 7-2 is showing snow all over the area it is not snowing. I guess that means the precipitation is evaporating before it hits the ground. They're saying it should start snowing for real in about an hour or so.

I thought it wasn't supposed to start until tonight? (I have too much to do today for it to snow NOW!)

Not snowing here, but the idea of getting trapped at the library is not very appealing.

HI Julie, I think you all that are more southern and closer to Chesapeake Bay will have it starting as rain and then changing over. Us in the DC area will have only snow as will the people somewhat south and west of us where in they are expected to get totals upwards of 2 feet. They keep changing our predictions upwards too. THey are now saying there is certainly a possibility that we will get 30 inches.

HI Julie, I think you all that are more southern and closer to Chesapeake Bay will have it starting as rain and then changing over. Us in the DC area will have only snow as will the people somewhat south and west of us where in they are expected to get totals upwards of 2 feet. They keep changing our predictions upwards too. THey are now saying there is certainly a possibility that we will get 30 inches.

We're in the 6-12 range... I think. Just down the Potomac from you guys, not close enough for the Bay to keep us dry though :glare:

But... if the wierd Tidewater forces take over and we end up with a warm spring rain (it's happened in the past) I be sure to post picture :p