Menu

LOF PreAlgebra + ???

BakersDozen

My dc went through LOF and also used Saxon tests for review. My 11yod will do LOF PreAlgebra but I do not want to use the Saxon Alg. 1/2 tests as she already went through most of them (she didn't very well and stopped at test 20). Does anyone have suggestions as to a good PreAlgebra review I could use with LOF? I looked at Math Mammoth but would like at least one more comparison. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to bump this up as I haven't been able to find a good match for LOF. This is what I've looked at so far that I don't want to use and why:

Leil's BCM- I've used this before and would like something similar as far as content but would like something written for a middleschooler not a college student. The writing level would be unnecessarily frustrating for my ds.

Chalkdust-This looks like it would leave us little time to fit in LOF. I don't want to do math more than 1 hour a day preferably only 4 days a week.

TT- I'm not impressed with the reviews of it not being rigorous enough.

CLE-I've just started to look at book 7. What is the Christian content like in this book?

Thinkwell- not rigorous enough.

Saxon-I’ve done this before and don’t want a spiral approach for this ds.

What other options are there? We have done Singapore up to this point and want to start a more traditional approach to Prealgebra along with LOF.

I'm doing this combination. CLE is unabashedly Christian, but it doesn't shout it out at you. Some word problems might start out like, "John & Amy are buying supplies for the mission..." Mostly, it's just math.

Can you tell me how you schedule the two together and how much time you spend on math a week. Thanks

What about the "Key to..." series by Key Curriculum Press? I always thought that if one were to use LoF as the main program, those would give you a nice pencil-to-the-paper component. They're cheap too and topic specific.

I would go through fractions, decimals, percents (You could probably skip the first book in each.) and go ahead with the first few in the Algebra series as well.