Menu

Practice or Practise?

After so many great reviews about Rod&Staff English , I decided to look at their website...

Do you say Practice or Practise ?

I am English second language but as a speller nerd I seem to notice any misspelled word .

I noticed that on their website . If you say practice , isn't it ironical to make a spelling error right on their description about grammar ? :001_smile:

Here is the text :

A separate booklet of 70 worksheets is available for additional practise. These may be used as workbooks for all the students or as a resource for the teacher to select and copy the ones needed.

http://www.rodandstaffbooks.com/item/123--/

Practise is seems to be the British way of spelling it... at least the Dictionary.com says. Perhaps like realise or realize and such.
Not quite. British and Canadian English use "practise" as a verb and "practice" as a noun.

A separate booklet of 70 worksheets is available for additional practise. These may be used as workbooks for all the students or as a resource for the teacher to select and copy the ones needed.

http://www.rodandstaffbooks.com/item/123--/

I have found this thread interesting, because I didn't realize there are two spellings for the word "practice".

However, don't hold Rod & Staff guilty for this error, if it is one. This website (rodandstaffbooks.com) isn't the publisher's website. It is a separate company that sells Rod & Staff books. The actual Rod & Staff publishing company (Rod & Staff Publishers, Inc.) doesn't have a website. They don't sell their books online.

ETA: I found this at the bottom of the homepage for rodandstaffbooks.com: "We are not affiliated with Rod and Staff Publishers of Crockett, KY, or any other publisher."

Edited by Suzanne in ABQ