Menu

s/o- How many of you have refused abortions?

:grouphug: Hugs to anyone ever having to face a difficult pregnancy or the loss of a child. Of course, I would always hope for a happy outcome for mother and child.

OTOH, life is not always black and white, and sometimes devastating, grey areas can and do happen:( I think it is difficult to say what any of us would do until faced with the same:( Therefore, I think it can be difficult to pass judgement. I know that I thank God that I have never faced such difficult dilemmas.

Turned?? I do not understand . No one has been anything but courteous and polite in this discussion. Or do you mean" turned" as a substitute for a non monolithic response to the issue being discussed? In the world I live in it is a sign of a healthy and balanced adult when differing viewpoints can be discussed without animosity.

By turned I mean bringing up a new topic, one that the OP was not posting about, and "turning" the thread into one that will likely end up being closed.

Seeing as the op described her own situation and had to d/c a pregnancy, not to mention the responses of others that also had to, I don't see condemnation. Perhaps the poster that mentioned refusing to "murder" their child was saying so, because of how it all turned out?

I don't understand what you are trying to say. This thread seems awfully judgmental to me. What if there are women who have been in that same situation and aborted due to medical advice? Do you really think those women want to hear someone else say that was actually murder?

I don't know, if you can't see that the use of the word "murder" can be offensive there is no way I can reason with you. And you cannot convince me that "murder" is just a term. It is very offensive in this context.

And I wanted to state for the record that I am not overly sensitive to this topic due to any personal experience. I just have the ability to put myself in someone else's shoes.