Menu

Before Five in a Row

mlgbug

I would think it's a little advanced for a 2 year old. Mine didn't have the attention span required for doing activities after reading of the book. There would probably be some activities you could do with the books, but it is a lot of money for what a 2 year old would get out of it unless they are a very advanced 2 year old.

I love workboxes. You could use those with a 2 year old. Put letter of color activities in the boxes. I've seen some really cute ones with color themes like red for each day....you might google it...

good luck with whatever you are doing!

Heidi

Before Five in a Row consists of two parts - (1) activities and discussion topics pertaining to the 24 selected books and (2) learning readiness activities.

Before is different from Five in a Row. You are not expected to read a book and then do select activities to do for 5 consecutive days. You read the books as desired, and sometime introduce discussion topics or activities.

We have been dabbling with the books since my older son was two. Both boys love the books. Most of the activities in part 1 were too advanced for my children at age two. My four year old enjoys them.

The more general activities in part 2 are wonderful for twos. You can find the same suggestions and activities elsewhere, but it is nice to have them in one place.

Many libraries have the Five in a Row series, including Before. See if you can borrow a copy.

It is a GREAT book! :)

We did it just before age 2, and then repeated the books as they got older ... that way they could do all levels of activities. It worked just dandy that way. The books are very good ones, and the discussions and activities are fun. Plus, if you hang out on their forums, they've got great archives with extras.

Mine were both pretty much non-verbal at that age, and we still got a lot out of it ... but obviously we saved the conversational parts for later. :) And they still love to make a 'bear cave' out of the dining table and act out We're Going on a Bear Hunt, among other favorites.