Menu

Planet Earth DVDs and Barbie Island Princess

I want to highly recommend the set of Planet Earth DVDS (BBC). These are phenomenal - Incredible - Fantastic! We are all enjoying them.

And what does the Barbie movie have to do with this? :001_huh: Well, I'll tell ya - An animal came on the screen that we didn't know what it was, but dd - 7 blurts out - a red panda! And she was right. We asked how she knew and she mentioned the charachter from Island Princess Barbie much to dh's chagrin (he hates all thngs Barbie!). I thought it was cute that she was gaining some knowledge from such a blatant marketing scheme to buy more Barbies!

But seriously - if you haven't seen these DVD's get them from the library,, netflick - whereever. The set would also make a great family gift.

About the Planet Earth DVDs, anyway (haven't seen Barbie so can't attest to that). :) The images and scenery are beautiful to watch.

That is neat about your dd learning something from unexpected places. That happens here, too, and I think it is cool that my dc pick things up that way.

Thanks for the tip on Planet Earth-- I have been waiting for our library to get it, and finally they do have it (now I need to patiently wait in the queue). If you haven't seen the other David Attenborough natural history series, I highly recommend them-- Private Life of Planets, Blue Planet, Life of Birds, Life of Mammals, Life in the Freezer, Life on Earth-- I think there are even more. They are very informative, and very interesting family viewing!

I want to highly recommend the set of Planet Earth DVDS (BBC). These are phenomenal - Incredible - Fantastic! We are all enjoying them.

And what does the Barbie movie have to do with this? :001_huh: Well, I'll tell ya - An animal came on the screen that we didn't know what it was, but dd - 7 blurts out - a red panda! And she was right. We asked how she knew and she mentioned the charachter from Island Princess Barbie much to dh's chagrin (he hates all thngs Barbie!). I thought it was cute that she was gaining some knowledge from such a blatant marketing scheme to buy more Barbies!

But seriously - if you haven't seen these DVD's get them from the library,, netflick - whereever. The set would also make a great family gift.

We LOVE the Planet Earth series. We got them for Christmas!!! They are so great. Barbie.....notsomuch. :-)

• 1 month later...

:iagree:We borrowed these from the library and my dc are BEGGING me to buy them. They were so enthralled. I have been telling everyone about them also. They are incredible.