Menu

Can you use a different science with MFW ECC?

thowell

I use Magic School Bus Experiment kits with my dd (3rd grader). She wasn't enjoying the science in ECC. She wanted experiments like her older brother.(He is doing Apologia Physical Science) I do still read the Living World Encyclopedia, but not the Ecosystem book. So yes you can do other science, but I do recommend at least doing the Living World book so you learn about the different biomes. HTH

Blessings,

Pat

Because the science is biomes and habitats and ecosystems -- it is part of the geography you are learning. I would not leave out that part of the study.

Some of the year has some hands on demos and experiments. If your children have an interest, you could look into adding in hands on fun in science in controlled ways that isn't about adding full curriculum.

Most Fridays in ECC are more "light and independent". That's an easy time to have some fizz bang science. On some of them you are cooking new recipes -- that is science and hands on.

On other times, how about checking out experiment books from the library such as those by Janice vanCleave? Then you can just have fun with extra hands on science on a variety of topics? You can return the books and let them have fun with it.

Or plan to go to hands on science museums. Get some fun kits to do.

it's just another way to approach it :)

-crystal

Because the science is biomes and habitats and ecosystems -- it is part of the geography you are learning. I would not leave out that part of the study.

Some of the year has some hands on demos and experiments. If your children have an interest, you could look into adding in hands on fun in science in controlled ways that isn't about adding full curriculum.

Most Fridays in ECC are more "light and independent". That's an easy time to have some fizz bang science. On some of them you are cooking new recipes -- that is science and hands on.

On other times, how about checking out experiment books from the library such as those by Janice vanCleave? Then you can just have fun with extra hands on science on a variety of topics? You can return the books and let them have fun with it.

Or plan to go to hands on science museums. Get some fun kits to do.

it's just another way to approach it :)

-crystal

This is what I was thinking. we have used some experiment books and the girls love them. Just wanting to make sure we would have time to add these things. I would still want to do the science that goes with ECC as well.