Menu

Someone choose my science, please?!

BakersDozen

I really love the BJU Science and have been using it for years now. The texts are very informative, but not dry with lots of little "did you know?" type boxes and color throughout. There are also lots of experiments to choose from and all of them are fun. We're doing Life Science this year for 7th grade and are having so much fun. I have looked at other science curricula too, but I always go back to BJU. It just works for me. :)

I've been pleased with Sonlight's science. I like that it has a planned daily schedule and that it uses a variety of materials and that it schedules weekly experiments.

In the upper grades, it uses Apologia. One of my friends has organized small group labs for biology, chemistry and physics using the labs in the Sonlight/Apologia schedule.

I really love the BJU Science and have been using it for years now. The texts are very informative, but not dry with lots of little "did you know?" type boxes and color throughout. There are also lots of experiments to choose from and all of them are fun. We're doing Life Science this year for 7th grade and are having so much fun. I have looked at other science curricula too, but I always go back to BJU. It just works for me. :)

:iagree:

I know the OP is still researching, but I just had to say, us too Ibby! We'll be dissecting a frog this week! I would say my ds's least favorite science is life science and he is really enjoying this year. Dd doing 5th grade BJU has been jealous as she doesn't think hers is as much fun, but I really loved the 6th grade book and I'm looking forward to doing it with her next year.