Menu

TruthQuest history: Age of Revolution for high school

We used Truth Quest Rome a few year back. I LOVE the program.

Pros: I love the idea of reading books to learn history!

There are many options for reading selections and they are arranged by

grade level.

There are reading options for history AND literature

The inclusion of Christian world view

Cons: No tests..this is a con for me, because as much as I love history taught as a "story", there is also a place for memorizing some basic facts. I fixed this problem by creating a flashcard "game" on Roman kings, emperors,wars,etc. Then we reviewed them as we went along. And then, I pulled questions every so often from the pile and gave pop quizzes to keep my dc accountable.

No schedules...they say you can get through two books a year, and I know I could sit down and hammer out a schedule, but I really don't want to! I wish they would do that for us.

All in all, I love Truthquest!

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Did you give highschool credit for the transcript. If so, how did you assign credit? Thanks:001_smile:

Yes, we did and do. I assign history credit although the kids did lots of writing and reading. Name of course depends on period just like any other history course, i.e., Renaissance/Reformation, Modern World History, etc. Is that what you mean by "how did I assign credit"?