Menu

Someone showed me the Veritas Press History timeline cards last night and I don't get

Gamom3

The dates are on the back of the card at the top. The only ones that don't have dates are the ones with Bible references instead, and even some of those have dates. I would say 95% of the Old Testament and Ancient Egypt cards have dates.

yeah, the dates are on the cards but for CC-Foundations we don't memorize them. We only memorize the title of the cards. It does give a framework or skeleton of history events/people. Depth comes if the parent/student wants to read the backs and even more if they want to read more about the topic from either the sources referenced on the back of the card or by just looking it up in other books. Presentations are usually based on the history sentence, science Q/A, or the timeline cards; so some depth may come from there.

hth

I am not in CC, but I use the cards. I am just having dcs memorize them to give an overall time line in their heads of where things happened in history. A good reference point for their whole lives. I especially like the Bible cards being included so kids see what happened in the Bible as part of history. When my kids get a little older, I may teach on the cards more in depth.

I *think* dates have been added to 40 of the cards for our CC memory work. Even without the dates it is nice to have the flow of events at an early age - to have an idea where things "fit" - I think it would be handy to have that down before the logic stage. I'm not a huge proponent of CC, but I do like the history cards.

As far as actually getting those 40 dates (or any others) onto the front of cards, I've done it two ways: 1) with a post it note or 2) with a dry erase marker because I laminated my cards and can clean it off again.

HTH.