Menu

DS5 found an Easter Egg in Wii Sports Resort!!

We gave Wii Sports Resort to DS11 this weekend for his 12th birthday. (Great recommendation, BTW! Thanks!) This evening we were doing archery with it and DS5 decided to shoot at the scenery. :D Well, with one of his shots, the "camera" followed the arrow instead of fading out. Up on the mountain there was a watermelon sitting there! That sure looked like an Easter Egg to me! So I got on the internet and, sure enough, it is! If you hit it, you only get 10 points, but if you hit them all for your level, you get a special "Secret Target" stamp. We have yet to hit one, but it's fun to try!

As it turns out, there are a bunch of Easter Eggs in Wii Sports Resort, including how to get a "Secret Strike" on 100-pin bowling. It's pretty funny! We were wondering anyone could ever get a score of 3000 in that game! :confused:

Anyway, all the cheat codes for Wii Sports Resort are spelled out at TestedCheats.com. Perhaps your kids will like trying some of these like we have!

Disclaimer: Since I know someone is likely to be all up in arms about me providing a link to a gaming site, I will warn, up front, that I do not have any idea whether or not this site will do bad things to your computer. Enter at your own risk.

This is so cool. We checked out the cheats for Super Mario also. I just have to get past the ingrained feeling that cheating is wrong. I mean it's a video game - right. :001_smile:

Yeah. It's strange they call it that. Obviously they programmed Easter eggs in there on purpose for a little surprise. I wish they wouldn't call them "cheats." We've discussed it at length with ds. We often have conversations on what's ethical and what's not. It's hard to tell sometimes if something is a planned surprise or if it's ... um... (whatever a synonym for cheating is... the old definition of cheating as something that's wrong.)

Yeah. It's strange they call it that. Obviously they programmed Easter eggs in there on purpose for a little surprise. I wish they wouldn't call them "cheats." We've discussed it at length with ds. We often have conversations on what's ethical and what's not. It's hard to tell sometimes if something is a planned surprise or if it's ... um... (whatever a synonym for cheating is... the old definition of cheating as something that's wrong.)

Instead of a "cheat" call them a "treat"!:D