Menu

Story of the World Maps and Timeline

mommyoftwinboys

We are getting ready to start SOTW 2 and while we loved 1-there was some things I didn't like. It had no timeline. I did print out a timeline from Hannahs helps but would love one that included Biblical events-do you know of any?

Also, the maps were not good. I would like a map that they could color that showed the whole world. I felt like if we were studying Rome and it just showed Italy and a little bit of the surrounding area, it made it hard for them to understand where in the world this was happening...do you know of any printable maps that we could use or just a great wall map?

So, I'm looking for a great timeline(can be a wall timeline) and maps-any suggestions?

Blessings!

I get out the globe and point out that we are "here" and the place we are talking about is "here". Pointing out the oceans and continents. Then I explain the map you have here is a close-up of this area. I'm not sure if you would get the detail if it was all on one page. It will also depend on the age of your children. I have my 4th grader do the map activity but not my 1st grader.

I'm using Biblioplan's time line which includes Biblical events.

Edited by jannylynn

We're halfway through SOTW 2 and here's what we do --

I have a big wall map of the whole world that I just got at the teacher store, and a globe I found at a yard sale. Each time we do a map assignment we go find the place on both the wall map and the globe first, and then go on to follow the assignment directions. I'll also usually ask questions such as "ok, what continent is this in?" or "what ocean is this?" Mine are younger, so right now I'm focusing on oceans/continents and major features (Nile River, etc)

Timeline - now that I don't have figured out. I wish I did. I'll be watching to see what others suggest, though. I will say that I bookmarked this timeline option on Linda Fay's blog a long time ago and keep thinking I would like to do this one but never have.

In the back of the book is a timeline of events. She says she goes slightly out of order sometimes to make the story flow better.

I have not figured out the timeline thing either, but I got the History Through the Ages CD's. I plan on printing them out and using them as a review for what we already missed. Then adding to it weekly from then on.

Maybe Knowledge Quest maps?

Well, those were areas that I was addressing with my curriculum, but I don't know when/if Middle Ages will be available. :(

We're halfway through SOTW 2 and here's what we do --

I have a big wall map of the whole world that I just got at the teacher store, and a globe I found at a yard sale. Each time we do a map assignment we go find the place on both the wall map and the globe first, and then go on to follow the assignment directions. I'll also usually ask questions such as "ok, what continent is this in?" or "what ocean is this?" Mine are younger, so right now I'm focusing on oceans/continents and major features (Nile River, etc).

:iagree:The AG says to find it on a larger map or globe, if I am not mistaken. The Usborne Encyclopedia also shows what part of the world the "small part of Italy" came from on each of their maps. Edited by Lovedtodeath