Menu

best way to tie bible into Sotw 1

trisharog

I am doing TOG with DS 11 this year and love it. However, next year for

DD8 I am going to do SOTW 1 starting with the Romans(She is doing the Egyptians in school this year). She is not ready for the intensity of TOG but I still want to follow the Bible carefully as we go thru SOTW. I have briefly looked at MFW but it did not look that engaging. Are there other ways to incorporate the Bible into SOTW 1 beginning with Roman times?

Thanks

Trisha

I LOVE using Biblioplan for this! You can get the "new" version that schedules MOH and SOTW and Bible reading, or you can get the "old" version that doesn't tie in MOH. I used MOH for a few things, but I wasn't greatly impressed with it for a younger student. Mine was 6 at the time, though, so maybe your 8 year old would get more out of it. :)

I was looking at this and I think I really like the idea of starting at the very beginning in history. I'm wondering if I should do a seperate bible program though, if I ended up going with the SCM guide. It already would cover bible, wouldn't it?

If you've use it, how do you like? Pros and Cons? TIA

I'm sorry, I thought I was starting a new post:blushing