Menu

Congestion ? - what do you use to thin the mucus

that drains down your throat and gets it out? We've all had a cold in the past week. The cold part is gone, but it's the mucus that is left behind that is driving us all nuts. I have to clear my throat a lot. It almost chokes you. Sorry if TMI. I've tried Mucinex DM and it helps some, but it's still there. I hate walking around clearing my throat all day! I'm drinking water.

Help?

Thanks,

I am having the same problem but a few days ago I bought a NetiPot for saline sinus rinses. It seems to be helping, though not a total cure. Gargling with salt water, with LOTS of salt seems to help too. Hope everyone feels better soon:001_smile:

you must drink lots of water with it, in order for it to do it's job properly. Someone may have already mentioned this but cutting back on dairy helps thin mucus too. Hope this helps.

:iagree::iagree: Water, water and more water. I am notorious for getting stuffed up, bronchitis, congested coughs and all the rest. Nobody gets more congested then I do....and I will tell you, drink lots of water! It works.