Menu

Does anyone use A World Of Adventure?

kdeno

We were using this at the beginning of the year and completed the first unit on Egypt. I have to say that I really loved the lay out, it was super easy to use with very limited resources to collect. The program was very good academically for my 4th grader. My dd6 just had to tag along and was really the reason we decided to change. She was having a hard time understanding that some of the gods in Egypt were not the same as God. She was younger than the publisher recommended for this. I was just looking over some of dd9 work and pictures of projects for those 9 weeks and she learned alot and had alot of fun. The writing portion is excellent. She went from writing only a few sentences to writing full pages. The only thing you really have to add is math and foreign language. The science and history can be beefed up as much as you like. The projects suggested are awesome! Overall I would say it is great but I would think for somewhere between maybe 3rd grade to 8th grade depending on the childs ability.

My girls were in 2nd (advanced) and 4th. It was the PERFECT program for us--all planned out for me and LOTS of fun and active learning for them!

There is a provided list of suggested resources--but our library was a bit limited--still we found TONS of resources on the needed topics. I gave my girls Post-It flags to mark the pages they wanted to share...

My oldest was homeschooled from grades 3-12. This was her favorite year.

My middle dd was homeschooled from grades 1-5 and then from 10-present (11th). This is the year she said she learned the MOST... and the year that she 'learned how to learn by herself'.

Yes this is true. As far as I know she has the first 3 done but does not have plans at the moment of when or if she will finish. Although i will say the book is laid out for each binder to cover 180 days but it took us way longer to finish the first unit. Depending on how deep you go you could easily make each binder last between 1 1/2 years and 2. Giving you almost 6 years with just the 3 volumes. Just FYI. We will definitely try this again ina few years when dd6 is a little older. There is also a great Yahoo group!

I've used this twice, once with my oldest and then later with my middle dd. It is so much fun and they really do learn a lot. The writing portions of the program is really good. It's also very easy to find used. I have the whole set, in notebooks, page protectors along with the game that will be available in a week or so.