Menu

My dh has to work the night shift Christmas Eve. His crew is having a potluck.

I was going to say meatballs. :) You could send them in the crockpot and they would stay warm all day.

You could do any kind of shredded meat with bbq sauce (pork, chicken, or beef). Cook it the night before in your slow cooker, then send it in cold with your dh and it reheats very well in the microwave. Add some buns of some sort, and you've got yummy bbq sandwiches.

You could do any kind of shredded meat with bbq sauce (pork, chicken, or beef). Cook it the night before in your slow cooker, then send it in cold with your dh and it reheats very well in the microwave. Add some buns of some sort, and you've got yummy bbq sandwiches.

Thank you for this idea. I think I'll go with it because it's so easy and doesn't require too much effort on my part as I get ready for the rest of our Christmas celebration. (And I already have all the ingredients.)

Thank you for this idea. I think I'll go with it because it's so easy and doesn't require too much effort on my part as I get ready for the rest of our Christmas celebration. (And I already have all the ingredients.)

I just made it last night(with chicken) for dinner; I toasted the buns in the oven, and served the sandwiches with lettuce and tomato.

I love it for an easy dinner that I can throw in the crockpot in the morning, then it's ready when we get done with a busy day of errands. :)

I love Beef Stew with Root Vegetables. Super easy to make, and would be great in a crock pot. Also, chili would be great in a crock-pot.

But you said cold or microwave... either could be warmed in a microwave.

Now for my dh I'm making 3 pies for his thing tonight (he works nights, too).

Those are good ideas too. Somehow my brain isn't functioning at full capacity this Christmas and I'm forgetting a lot of old stand by's.

As a shift work wife I'm accustomed to not always having dh around for celebrations but this year seems particularly harsh as he's also working Christmas Day night shift . . . and it's a month away from his job loss . . . it's all very overwhelming.

Thanks for your ideas.