Menu

What's the best way to cook/season/glaze a ham?

I score it and rub dijon mustard all over. I then drain a can of pineapple, heat the pineapple juice with some brown sugar and pour that over the ham (you can baste with it as well). I then put in cloves and lay the pineapple slices all over it.

Edited by Mrs Mungo

My MIL scores a ham crosswise (about an inch wide) then places whole cloves into the squares. She then packs brown sugar (about 1/3 cup) over it and drizzles with pineapple juice drained from a can of crushed pineapple. Bake it for several hours at 350 and baste as neccessary (about every 20 minutes).

I'm not a big clove fan but I can enjoy this. My husband loves it!!

Thanks everyone! I'll have to buy some pineapple. I've been waiting for 9 1/2 years to use the jar of whole cloves that came in the spice rack we received as a wedding gift!

Sorry. I just returned and noticed this.

It is a great way to use up old cloves....you can get away with using more that way.

Maybe my bump will get you some more recipes!!!! :001_smile:

Seriously. Christmas dinner, just dh and my kids, and I'm looking for fast and easy. I've probably been cooking for a few hours already anyway, and 10 mins. before we eat, I open up the spiral ham, cut off several pieces, and stick them in the microwave so they are hot.

But I would only admit this here. I'd do it for company too, if they couldn't see my kitchen to know what I was doing, lol.

I have made this every year since I first saw them make it on TV. It is delicous!

3-4 # boneless ham ( I use whatever kind is a decent price)

1C White Wine

2.5 Tbls Molasses

pinch cayene

2C Ginger Ale

2 Tbls Honey

In Saucepan simmer Wine, mustar and pepper. Simmer for 5 mins.

Stir in Ginger Ale.

Pour over Ham

Bake for 1.5 hours at 300 degrees.

Increase to 325 for 1 hour,Basting every 15 minutes.

Brush with honey. Bake 30 mins basting every 15 mins.

Ok, sound complicated. I do not do the basting and all that.

I put it in the oven at 300...and we go to a movie on Christmas Day.

When we get home I baste it and then brush with honey and turn the oven up to 350 degrees. When I get the rest of the dinner on, we eat!

I am usually making their Baken Mac N Cheese as a side and it takes 40 minutes in my convection oven, so that is how much longer the ham gets.