Menu

Write with Ease...can you start in the middle?

rachelkelly3

Howdy,

Can you start in the middle of the Write with Ease series?? Or does it all build on past levels? My kids are fluent readers (ages 8 and 7) but the writing, grammar, and LA in general is a bit lacking. They know basic punctuation, but spelling is mostly phonetic and things like parts of speech, etc we have NOT covered well enough.

We will be starting FLL in January.

What would you recommend for the WWE workbooks? I am totally unfamiliar with the program.

Thank you!

I would buy the book, not the workbooks. The explanations are clear and it has evaluations to help you determine which level would work best for your child. Then you will know if you really need a workbook and, if you do, which one to buy!

I did this and started my 9yo (4th grade) son in the second workbook in September. We are already skipping lessons (he is getting it quickly, probably because he is older) and I am planning to move him to Year Three in the early spring.

hth.

We are about 3/4 thru FLL 1 and so far it has covered poem memorization, nouns, pronouns and verbs. Also, some reading comprehension and abbreviations. The lessons do build on each other. WWE is mostly copywork and narration comprehension. My ds 7 is doing well with both and sometimes I double up the lessons. I prefer the WWE workbook since it is all there to simply open up and no prep work.

I started my then 7 1/2 yo in WWE2 last year with no problem; we're now in WWE3.

I'd get the text from the library and try it out to see where they place. Then you can decide if you want to get the workbooks at a certain level or if you want to pick your own selections. I do like the workbook for it's ease of use - one less thing to plan!