Menu

Anyone know the cost of real wood floor?

Of course this doesn't include the finish and labor, I don't know what my husband charges, he installs wood floors, I want to say it's between 3-$4.00 a square ft. These are some prices that I found online and a great place to get hardwood.

http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/hardwoodinstaller/laborcosts.htm

http://www.lumberliquidators.com/home.jsp

Kristine

We, too, purchased from Lumber Liquidator (Bellawood). Our brazilian cherry 3 1/4" solid wood, prefinished wood was just under $5/sq foot a year and a half ago. I definitely recommend this route over buying locally as the prices in stores around town were as much as DOUBLE what we had to pay and half the warranty (50 years on the Bellawood, 25 on locally purchased product)! We could not be more pleased with the product we ended up with.

Last September, we paid $7000 for 750 sq. ft. installed. This included all the demo work - taking out all the trim, toilets (we had tile installed too), stove, fridge, ripping out the old tile, repairs to the subfloor, etc. - as well as all the other expenses - new trim. So, we paid about $10/sq. ft. installed. But, we chose the really nice wood. You can get it done cheaper.

Did you get the 3/8 pre-engineered stuff (not laminate but the "snap together" hardwood) or the regular hardwood? We are thinking of someday getting hardwood from the Habitat store from de-constructed houses, installing it, and refinishing it.

We got the 5/8" real wood that already had the poly on it. It's wonderful stuff!! It came with a 50 year warranty!