Menu

Guest janainaz
I hope I am not on an ignore list for posting this topic - I posted this question because I sincerely want to hear thoughtful responses as my childrens co-op teacher told my son emphatically that dogs do NOT have souls.

We have a german shepard that has been part of our family for 11 years and she is very soulful :) It never crossed my mind that she didn't have of soul - you only have to look into her eyes to see that she does :)

My response was more of a joking one, because I truly don't know. I'm not dead! :)

It bothers me when an adult tells another adult or child that they know something for sure. I have no clue. I could tear my Bible apart searching for answers and I would still not know wether there MIGHT be animals in heaven. I think it's cruel to anyone who loves an animal to tell them when it dies, that's it. Even if that is the case, why would someone do that?

My response would be, "I don't know, but I hope so." I figure that when I'm dead, if my dog is not there, I'll be ok with it. It's just hard to imagine my dog, having the ability to think, having the ability to know when someone is upset and offer comfort and love - having the ability to offer LOVE (that's huge) would just cease to exist. If the simple truth that God is love - what is living inside my dog?

As for my cat, that continues to try and scratch my furniture or jumps on my kids when he's hungry - we've yet to determine..... :D

In the car today dd and I were debating how many dogs Jesus would have, and that Mary would be a cat person. And that the animals would NOT shed, since it is Heaven. Then we decided Jesus might well have a pet lion and tiger, too, since those would be cool pets for a guy!!

And that for the dogs, there would be continuous walkies in heaven! For cats, a never ending supply of catnip and warm laps to sit on.