Menu

What is Salad Masters cookware?

About a year ago, a guy came to our door representing himself as a local caterer and chef who was setting up a new restaurant nearby. He offered to make a meal for us as a sample of his catering business.

He hauled out this big old hand-crank contraption and started shredding cabbage. Lots of cabbage. Then he sliced other veggies like celery, summer squash and zucchini. He left this huge pile of shredded veggies telling us WE could then make soup with them. It became very clear that he wasn't selling his so-called catering business, he was selling this shredder.

And it was EXPENSIVE. I'm sure it was of good quality, but where in the world would I store this thing? I had no desire to buy it considering we already have a KitchenAid food processor.

We also were not impressed by the deception.

Edited by BikeBookBread

Guest janainaz

My sister and bil bought the whole set for a fortune. I could not believe they fell for it.

She called me and told me how the cookware is made from hospital grade steel and then went on to share all the diseases they suspect are caused from alumininum and lower-grade steel, etc. I thought it was ridiculous. Basically, they walked away having been brain-washed into thinking that they would be protected from certain diseases by using this cookware. I asked her if she planned to stop using canned goods and ............. all the rest!

The funny thing is that when I go to her house, she uses her old pans.

We have a set that we purchased 20 years ago. Other than a few handles coming loose (which were replaced under warranty without a hassle), the pans are still doing great. They even replaced the big pot that got ruined when our electric stove shorted out 18 years ago and arc-welded a hole right through the bottom of the pot.

But....I looked into the cost of adding another pot to our set a couple years ago and my-oh-my the cost is insane now! We paid nowhere near what they are asking today. Ours was about $150 for a full set - not a bad investment for 20+ years of service on a set of pots.

I love our set, it's amaxingly durable, the electric frying pan gets used nightly here, and we actually use the little shredder device all the time, but I think you can get equal quality sets now for less money than they are asking.

We have a set that we purchased 20 years ago. Other than a few handles coming loose (which were replaced under warranty without a hassle), the pans are still doing great. They even replaced the big pot that got ruined when our electric stove shorted out 18 years ago and arc-welded a hole right through the bottom of the pot.

But....I looked into the cost of adding another pot to our set a couple years ago and my-oh-my the cost is insane now! We paid nowhere near what they are asking today. Ours was about $150 for a full set - not a bad investment for 20+ years of service on a set of pots.

I love our set, it's amaxingly durable, the electric frying pan gets used nightly here, and we actually use the little shredder device all the time, but I think you can get equal quality sets now for less money than they are asking.

Yep, me, too. Ours are over twenty years old and going strong. We do lots of cooking...those nice heavy bottoms are great for heat distribution.

We've certainly gotten our money's worth.