Menu

I have an Ipod question.

lynn

You will need to have iTunes on your computer for storing your library of music and synching it onto your iPod. But you can buy the MP3's from other places. I sometimes buy music from amazon.com, and after it's downloaded, I put it in iTunes. You might want to doublecheck walmart.com's setup, but normally any MP3 can be played in iTunes and on your iPod.

Wendi

I use iTunes because it's easier - seamless upload to my iPod. But if you have kids/husband who are tech savvy, they can figure out how to get anything on the iPod. My teens helped me get my music from old CDs on it. And when I download something from a site other than iTunes (such as Amazon MP3 files - got some of those for free recently thanks to a link here!) - the kids have to help me get it into my iTunes library.

I used to think I was smart but I just can't keep up with the technology.:tongue_smilie:

How do I rename tracks? DD wants Science Jukebox on her iPod, but I can't get it to be named anything other than the track number.:confused:

Click on the track number to highlight it.

Click on the track number again, and you should get a field into which you can type the actual name.

If that gives you trouble, this method has more steps but works just as well.

Right click on the track number.

Select "Get Info."

Click on the "Info" tab.

Type the name into the "Name" field.

You can also add or update any of the other information before saving it.

This is a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to put the downloads from Amazon into iTunes. Anyone got tips?

Open up Itunes, and go to File (upper left hand corner), and then click on Add Folder to Library...

Then find where your music is stored (probably under My Music/Amazon MP3) and make sure it is highlighted. Then hit OK and it should be added to your Itunes library.

Hope this helps!