Menu

Baby doll with lots of clothes?

Corolle dolls are wonderful. They're originally from France, but you can find them all over in the States. There are lots of clothes for them, but they run about $20/outfit.

My petite daughter has one of the 12 inch, Calin dolls that is just the right size for her. It has a bean bag body which is nice. You can also wash it in the wash machine but be sure to pop the head off first.

Not a baby doll... but my kids like Groovy Girls because it is easy to change their clothes. I found with the baby dolls that my kids got frustrated trying to dress them and I would end up having to do it for them. Groovy Girl clothes have a lot of velcro.

Baby Stella is made by the same company that makes Groovy Girls...there are quite a few darling outfits, and all go on with velcro :) Not cheap, but not hugely expensive. PDG, who is turning 6, rec'd this dolly when she was 3, and it is the only dolly she has played with on a consistent basis. She just loves her Stella!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=baby+stella&x=0&y=0

There are two versions -- a "babyish" one, and a "toddlerish" one with ponytails. It also comes in different colors - "beige" with brown hair and "peach" with blonde. There are lots of re-sold Stella outfits and accessories on eBay, too. The feeding set and bathtub set are exceptionally cute!

The Calin dolls from Corolle are the BEST baby dolls around. Much more attractive and cuddly than the Bitty Baby dolls.

They are also washable.

They're made with kind of a bean bag body, so it's easy to pose them as well as cuddle them. If you can find an older one on Ebay with eyes that don't open and shut, I actually like those best.

The clothes are not cheap, but they are very well made and easy to use (lots of Velcro).

When my DD was about 1 year old, I went out to buy her a Kitten doll (Madame Alexander) because that was my favorite doll in my own childhood. And the Calin dolls were so much nicer that I converted and got her one of those. Tiny Baby, as Calin came to be known in our house, was DD's favorite toy for 6-7 years. It was a great investment.