Menu

Anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

I have a GE spacemaker cd player/radio with weather band. For reasons I've yet to uncover, every night at midnight, it goes off like an alarm clock. Except, I can't find any sort of button or switch that indicates it has an alarm! This has been going on for a week now, and frankly, it's getting old. Short of unplugging it every night (and having to reset the clock every morning) how can I put a stop to this? I can't find the manual and I can't find any info online or from GE's website.

Anyone know what to do?

So, I have Googled around and although I figured out what model you have (I think so at least), I can't find an owners manual online.

Have you tried unplugging it for a while, and then plugging it back in to see if it will reset itself? I am guessing it has an auto on feature like a coffee pot.

So, I have Googled around and although I figured out what model you have (I think so at least), I can't find an owners manual online.

Have you tried unplugging it for a while, and then plugging it back in to see if it will reset itself? I am guessing it has an auto on feature like a coffee pot.

That is a good idea. I'll give it a shot. :001_smile:

Mine used to do that...and I've had mine for six or eight years. It had something to do with the clock settings. Mine would do it every time we reset the clock for time changes. My sons eventually made the alarm go away...at least I think they did. It hasn't gone off in years. Weird situation because it doesn't have an alarm.

I hate waking up in the night with an unfamilar alarm going off. Scares me to death.

YES! This started happening with mine a few weeks ago! It would go off at midnight! (Or 1a.m., can't remember.) But it doesn't have an alarm!!!!!!!!

I googled and was able to fix it very simply--but I have no idea how I did it.... but it should be easy to find. There is hope, lol.

So close, but yet so far! LOL

What words did you use in your google search, maybe I can recreate your search and find the answer.