Menu

Will the mouse make it?

Our cat caught our pet mouse tonight. We had put the mouse into an aquarium so that we could clean her cage, the cat jumped in and jumped out with the mouse. I caught her straight away and she let the mouse go who tried to run away. I caught her and secured her, apart from a major fright she isn't bleeding and doesn't appear to be injured. Will she be OK do you think?

We had a chicken die a couple of weeks ago and DD was hysterical about potentially loosing another pet. Fingers crossed that the mouse is still alive in the morning.

Our cat caught our pet mouse tonight. We had put the mouse into an aquarium so that we could clean her cage, the cat jumped in and jumped out with the mouse. I caught her straight away and she let the mouse go who tried to run away. I caught her and secured her, apart from a major fright she isn't bleeding and doesn't appear to be injured. Will she be OK do you think?

We had a chicken die a couple of weeks ago and DD was hysterical about potentially loosing another pet. Fingers crossed that the mouse is still alive in the morning.

Oh, dear. I'm sorry! I do hope she's okay.

She made it!! So relieved, the mouse is still alive this morning, she is going to be OK. I think she is one lucky mouse! I was quick enough to save her from certain death with the cat. Phew, DD is over the moon.

I'm glad to hear it! I thought about her today and wondered if you were shedding tears over a shoe box mouse coffin or if your dc were playing with their pet. Silly cat, teach her some manners!!

Great news!

Just for the future- not only cat cats jump into an aquarium, mice can jump OUT.

I too use an aquarium while doing cage clean outs with our foster rats & those guys don't even really need to put in much effort to jump out if I don't put the lid on. Little mice can leap 12-24in if determined enough..... A lid is a must :)