Menu

Blast it all, the bl00dy pipes froze up. Is my faith being stretched or ???

I came home from getting dd from school yesterday (gone for just over an hour) to an open garage door. It bounces back up once in a great while after fully closing. The furnace, water heater, water pipes, etc. are all exposed in there. I was hoping they weren't frozen solid but when the water wouldn't run in the house I knew it had. After cranking up the heat in the garage and running space heaters next to the pipes for awhile, dh heard water sounds from the garage. We found the floor flooded & one of the valves gushing water everywhere. Another pipe had steam coming out (hot water pipe). We had to shut off the water to the whole house and call a plumbing/heating repair guy. Argh. I feel responsible for this as it was my mistake for not watching to make sure the door didn't go back up - but it's been so long since it did that; I was out of the habit.

What am I supposed to be learning from all of this? Does God want me to learn something that I'm not seeing? Contentment with less, to trust Him for provision (to not worry myself into a naseous state), or what? Murphy's law, I tell ya.

I came home from getting dd from school yesterday (gone for just over an hour) to an open garage door.

Sorry to hear you had to go through all that - what a nuisance. I have a temperamental garage door too and should fork out the money to get it fixed.

I know you are called articmom, but just how cold is it in your part of the world? I can't imagine it being so cold that the water pipes in the garage

freeze over in an hour during the day. I don't think my freezer is that cold.