Menu

Your best pork chop recipe?

Trim off bone & fat.

Beat with a meat tenderizer on both sides until very thin.

If you're starting with a large pork chop, you may need to cut it in half when you're beating with the tenderizer or it won't fit on a frying pan.

I start with 4 in. fast fry (thin) chops & they usually double in size once I've finished whacking them.

Prepare 3 plates or soup plates:

1) flour with salt & freshly ground pepper

2) beaten egg

3) bread crumb

Dip each chop in 1, 2, 3 & then fry in a bit of safflower oil, without crowding, Often that means one at a time on a big shallow pan. Place in warm oven, directly on rack while cooking the others.

Serve with slice of lemon on top, mashed potatoes, & steamed veg (traditionally cooked sauerkraut)

This is often served here in Ukrainian, Polish & German restaurants as "breaded pork schnitzel".

Trim off bone & fat.

Beat with a meat tenderizer on both sides until very thin.

If you're starting with a large pork chop, you may need to cut it in half when you're beating with the tenderizer or it won't fit on a frying pan.

I start with 4 in. fast fry (thin) chops & they usually double in size once I've finished whacking them.

Prepare 3 plates or soup plates:

1) flour with salt & freshly ground pepper

2) beaten egg

3) bread crumb

Dip each chop in 1, 2, 3 & then fry in a bit of safflower oil, without crowding, Often that means one at a time on a big shallow pan. Place in warm oven, directly on rack while cooking the others.

Serve with slice of lemon on top, mashed potatoes, & steamed veg (traditionally cooked sauerkraut)

This is often served here in Ukrainian, Polish & German restaurants as "breaded pork schnitzel".

I lived in Eastern Europe for a year (many years ago) and am very familiar (and fond of!) schnitzel! Thanks for reminding me of the possibility.:)