Menu

MariannNOVA-just made your butternut squash lasagne

Sorry-not picky eater friendly-ds6 is picky and only ate the required three bites.

But the rest of us loved it!

Mariann-BTW-is there an easier way to peel the squash? It was hard to do with the vegetable peeler.[/QUOTE]

I am so happy that you love it as much as we do! It freezes well too! As for the vegetable peeler situation, I purchased a great vegetable peeler from someplace -- in fact, I purchased two of them b/c my son in law and I were tired of :cursing: -ing the awful vegetable peelers I did have. They are kind of substantial in size and one can get a good grip on them -- the squash can be peeled in a matter of minutes with minimal effort. I'll hunt around on-line and look for a photo of one and post it.

Again, glad you love it. I will find the recipe and post it -- it is from 'Cristina Cooks' - she was the chef for Whole Foods.

Yes, I would love the name of that vegetable peeler-mine are no good!!

Do you think it would work as the pp said, by roasting it in half in the skin and then scooping out? That would be SOOO much easier and cut the prep time in half (no peeling OR dicing). Have you ever tried it that way? I wonder if it would make a difference because it wouldn't get crispy and brownish on all the surfaces like it does doing it the "hard" way. I have to think of an easier way to make it so I can make it more often! Thanks again-it's a new fave here.

Forgot to add-a lot of the recipes on Christina's site look fantastic! We're trying to eat much healthier but I *need* it to taste amazing too!

Yes, I would love the name of that vegetable peeler-mine are no good!!

Do you think it would work as the pp said, by roasting it in half in the skin and then scooping out? That would be SOOO much easier and cut the prep time in half (no peeling OR dicing). Have you ever tried it that way? I wonder if it would make a difference because it wouldn't get crispy and brownish on all the surfaces like it does doing it the "hard" way. I have to think of an easier way to make it so I can make it more often! Thanks again-it's a new fave here.

Forgot to add-a lot of the recipes on Christina's site look fantastic! We're trying to eat much healthier but I *need* it to taste amazing too!

I haven't tried it that way -- I would be concerned that the lack of crispiness would make a difference. I posted a photo of the vegetable peeler and I think I bought it at the supermarket so it wasn't difficult to find.

What my Son in law told me to do and it is a help is to peel, cut, and bake a few squash and after they cool, store them in zip loc bags and freeze them --- I do that AND I also go a step further and prepare half a dozen pans of lasagna at once - bake and freeze them, and then they are in the freezer and just need to be baked to defrost.

And, I have to agree with you -- we were all SO tired of entrees that tasted like tree bark and dirt, that we were thrilled when we tasted this.:001_smile: