Menu

Yesterday was our second annual GREEN FRIDAY. Glorious, I tell ya. :)

Last year, my sister and I decided to create our own tradition for the day after Thanksgiving. We took our kids on a long nature hike and gathered things like rose hips, branches, moss, and apples with which to decorate our houses for Christmas. My sister also has cedar, holly, and rose hips at her farm, so we finished off our trek there. We went again this year and my younger sister and her husband joined us. The weather was spectacular (especially considering the dark and wet day we had for Thanksgiving!). Lots of fun pictures here. I can't see stopping this tradition anytime soon...

Oh, what fun! We used to gather ground pine on our farm to use at Christmas!

Today, for the first time in years, my 74 year old father offered to take us off our cliff-top and down into the valley our farm overlooks. My husband of 21 years has never made this hike, so I jumped at the chance. The leaves are about a foot thick everywhere. We slid down on our bottoms much of the way as it's so steep (It's a couple of miles).

We all had wonderful fun and my Mom came and picked us up in the valley after we got back to a road. It was an absolutely perfect day, weather-wise, so we couldn't have asked for more!

Have fun with all your wonderful decorations! Next time I go home, I think I'll gather greenery, too! Good idea,

Oh, what fun! We used to gather ground pine on our farm to use at Christmas!

Today, for the first time in years, my 74 year old father offered to take us off our cliff-top and down into the valley our farm overlooks. My husband of 21 years has never made this hike, so I jumped at the chance. The leaves are about a foot thick everywhere. We slid down on our bottoms much of the way as it's so steep (It's a couple of miles).

We all had wonderful fun and my Mom came and picked us up in the valley after we got back to a road. It was an absolutely perfect day, weather-wise, so we couldn't have asked for more!

Have fun with all your wonderful decorations! Next time I go home, I think I'll gather greenery, too! Good idea,

That sounds like so much fun!! Especially the fact that you only had to go down, not up. :) What a great adventure!