Menu

How is it recommended to teach Meaningful Composition?

Mommy7

It looks as if it is written directly to the student. Are they able to complete it pretty much independently? I'm trying to figure out how teacher intensive it is...I plan to be involved, but have some time constraints due to a hectic schedule.

This program looks great to me...just wondering if it will do what I need it to do....which is to help us get going in the writing category, while not requiring 30 minutes of me teaching it per day to get that accomplished.

What are your experiences with MC?

Btw, I would be using it with a 7th grader who has had very little writing instruction.

Oh, and can you copy the books to use with others in your family?

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

I started MC this year with my 9yr. old. We are on week 9. She is using level 4. She has finished the grammar portion and just started the writing portion (level 4 is the only MC that starts with some grammar in the beginning)

She has been doing most of it one her own. I help when needed. Now that she is starting the writing portion we will to the checklist challenge together until she understand it better, but for the most part I think they can do it independently.

The student workbooks are consumable. Your not allowed to copy them.

That is a shame that you can't copy them. I am always looking for something I can use with the others as they come along. It looks so good, though, that it may be worth it! Evidently, you feel that it is worth it, right? And you homeschool a bunch, also, I see by your signature!

So, you think it would fit the bill of being mostly independent and yet a good, thorough writing program?

That is a shame that you can't copy them. I am always looking for something I can use with the others as they come along. It looks so good, though, that it may be worth it! Evidently, you feel that it is worth it, right? And you homeschool a bunch, also, I see by your signature!

So, you think it would fit the bill of being mostly independent and yet a good, thorough writing program?

Yes, I think it's independent, and pretty thorough. :)

HTH.

Thank you for this post! I have been thinking about using this curriculum. I am glad to know that the kids can mostly work independently. We had enough "hand holding" in PS and I like it that they are leanring how to learn now.

I wonder if you could skip the grammer at the beginning and start with the writing only. We are using Shurley grammer and it is pretty intense so I don't think we need any extra grammer. What do you think?