Menu

Eek! SIL wants us to do Thanksgiving . . . this weekend!

Now I shouldn't complain. She almost always hosts it and will this year. And she does the bulk of the work. I will bring a couple of things but because of my health this year will keep it simple. But somehow mentally I'm just not ready! And no, she didn't arbitrarily decide this. Some family members from Canada will be here this weekend only and she wants them to join us.

Just be glad she's hosting and you aren't getting the notice that you will have to have a clean house and feed a bunch of people on 2 days notice!

Hope you have fun!!

Believe me, I would be really stressed if I had to have a clean house!

Wooo hooo! You don't have to cook this weekend!! :D

Hmm. I hope she sends us home with some turkey for sandwiches! On the other hand, at least half of our Thanksgiving is not "traditional American" foods but Filipino foods. You can't have Thanksgiving without rice and lumpia!

Bring a couple of cans of cranberry sauce and a frozen pumpkin pie...well, bake it first :D...and have a great visit!

Now that sounds like something I could manage.

I'm still waiting to hear the final word. This is the SIL who one year changed her mind on venue at the last minute and asked me to transport a fully cooked turkey to the new location. I think it is partly a Filipino thing - nothing is ever cast in stone. . .